Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tricksters & Treats

Well, there's been a staggering amount of stuff going on these past few weeks, which has meant precious little time for blogging.

For starters, we've seen a good number of great plays and concerts of late. Two fantastic plays were Christoph Marthaller's Winch Only and Olivier Py's Illusions comiques. I'm tempted to say - in fact, I will say - that they were among the very best I've ever seen. But then again, they're in a lot of great company, so... So on to the concerts! Père Ubu (of the inimitable David Thomas. I went to see this one thanks to Manu's stopping by early that evening with a ticket and a good shove in the right direction. And David Thomas was in a great mood, to boot!), Matt Elliot (Jean-Philippe's turn to hang out with Manu and sway to great music), Divine Comedy and Calexico(-oh-Calexico). I'd never seen the other two in concert, and was very very glad to have finally done so. But I'd been waiting a long while for Calexico's return. And they did not disappoint. Ah, no! Not one note of anything but pure pleasure.

We never take the camera to concerts (nor to plays, for that matter), so there's none of the above to show. But! We did take the camera to Caroline & Fred's Hallowe'en party. And then to Berlin. Pictures from the former can be found below. Pictures of the latter will have to wait another day or so...

p.s. That's a monster finger I'm being fed by my mummy-friend and finger cook, Anne-Sophie. Mmmm!

p.p.s. I went as Teenaged Sister of the Swamp Thing(s).