Monday, October 20, 2008

Blowing Kisses

My dear, dear Gramma (a.k.a, the boys' dear, dear Great-Gramma) celebrates her 88th year as a spring chicken today!

We on this side of the Atlantic wish you a very happy one, Gram - and I add my thanks (many times over) for the 39 of those years during which you've been my Gramma. xoxo

p.s. I start every day with thoughts of you as I sip my hot coffee (though admittedly not as hot as you'd like it!) in my favourite mug - the green-grey loon mug that you gave me to replace the even loonier one that was broken in our first household-with-kids accident, several years ago. Since it's addition to our household, I've only extremely rarely drunk from another. More thanks for the mug, and for its attendant daily thoughts.

The pictures are from our trip to Como Park this summer. The best part, according to everybody who was there, was our ride at the end of the day on the beautifully restored merry-go-round, which Gramma remembers riding as a child. Tomi was adamant that his great-gramma ride one of the chariots with him, and held her hand tightly the whole way. The rest of us charged ahead, atop the steeds that carried them along, so to speak. A lovely end to a lovely day.