Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh My, Valentines!

Okay, so my Aunt Peggy's scored big on the boys' list. Big-big-BIG. A small package with big punch arrived late last week, and the boys opened it to find everything their little hearts could desire: candies, talking-giggling Valentine's Day cards, and... POKÉMON CARDS! It was a very happy end to an otherwise grey day.

BIG THANKS to Aunt Peggy from the boys! What a great surprise!

The pictures from the past few weeks haven't turned out so well, but above are a couple from that evening. (Leo was not happy that he was covered a bit in the last one, but it was the last on the memory card, and I think it's funny, so...) They spent the whole evening "playing" Pokécards. I was laid out on the couch with the stomach flu, so they brought the game over to me, and explained their take on all of the new cards. It was a lot of silly-happy-little-boy fun.

On the actual Day, we all woke up at pretty much the same time. The boys came in to wake us up, and did some silly-happy-little-boy moves on, over and under our covers and legs and torsos and so on. Until suddenly: up jumped Jean-Philippe, and trailed the little ones behind him. A few minutes later, I galumped up, myself, and followed them into the kitchen, the scent of freshly brewing coffee leading the way. It took me a drowsy minute to get it, but when I did, I saw that the house had been covered in Post-It notes. A home-sized Valentines Day card!

That wasn't the end of the celebrations, though! A big, afternoon-long lunch had been planned with the family to celebrate Pépé's 70-something-st birthday. The big 'uns ate and drank too well, as always. And the cousins showed off silly-happy-little-kid-tricks to one another and glued themselves to cartoons, not really showing themselves at the dinner table until somebody mentioned "cake"... ho! ho! Needless to say, we rolled our way home afterwards...