Friday, September 22, 2006

Inside & Out

We'll be leaving in the morning for a mystery birthday weekend (well... it's all a mystery to me! All I know is that I'm to wear one set and bring another set of comfortable clothes. And my toothbrush), but before we do, I wanted to share a couple of photos from this week - photos of a couple of the little details that I like in my life here, inside and out:

One of my favourite little domestic sights (aside from my three Beinert Boys, of course!) is a bowl (or a basket, in this case) of brightly coloured fruit. This is from the other day, after having unpacked the market's pickings. I almost felt badly for digging into the plums after this picture was taken...

And below is an idea of one of my favourite corners in our home (& yeah, it's especially favoured when it's holding gladiolus, if that ain't obvious. heh! heh!): the dining area, which often doubles as a studio space. When I brought out the camera, it happened to have elements of both of its primary uses on it at that moment. & the second half is of the view from the windows. My desk is in a corner just a bit further back, and it's always nice to be working there or at the table, and to look out at this strange view, whether it be morning, noon or night. Unfortunately, my favourite chair didn't make more than 2% of the cut, but it's (just barely) there, too. And the corner of my pile of music books and gadgets indicates the guitar corner just outside of the camera's scope...

A very good early autumn weekend to all!