Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Markers and Brushes

First of all, a few pictures of Leo & Tomi in drawing mode. And this: when I picked them up from school yesterday, Leo sprang into my arms, crying out, "School fun!" When I asked him what he'd done, he said, "Played! Lots of play!" But when I told the teacher, she said that both boys had been so intent and happy with their drawing that she hadn't had them move on to the next activity (to be honest, she wasn't sure they WOULD move on), but let them continue on in utter bliss.


And here are the calligraphised chairs I just painted for a literary café that's opening down the way. Next up: the table. It's been somewhat tedious work (especially since I haven't done any calligraphy in more than two years), but I've enjoyed it at the same time. For posterity's sake, I wish to make it clear that I would never have covered everything in that paper. But that was how the pieces of furniture came to me. In fact, EVERYthing in the café is covered in the same paper: chairs, tables, walls, the ceiling... Oh, and the L and T are, coincidentally, the initials of the café, La Tinta.