Thursday, April 16, 2009

ahh... spring... and sproing! heh! heh!

Above are a couple of springy corners on our burgeoning terrace: the crabapple tree and my forgotten-name beauties, with their attendant insect friends. The boys loved this picture, by the way, because they could spot at least four of their new-found buggy buddies. Can you?

Tomi and I were making a crown tonight. He'd coloured in some cute birds at school and cut them out to make a kind of tiara headpiece. After supper, we started making the headband (p)art, and he decided to go with an animalia theme that went from cute to really freakin' funny. At one point, he asked me to do a "kangaroo mommy with a baby in his pocket." I wasn't too sure of myself, so we Google-imaged "kangaroo." When Tomi said, "Waow!" Leo came racing over, and proceeded to come up with this little ditty, above. It was a frantic, tight squeeze behind my desk for a while, not least because the boys knew they'd be summoned to bed in no time at all. But they were enthralled. And when they're enthralled...

I'll try to get a photo of Tomi in his slightly-too-small-but-oh-well-it's-still-so-cute crown tomorrow...