Sunday, May 10, 2009

Making What?

Above Bat Cat and Dr. Archibald Techt (it's not easy to see, but Leo'd made a whole series of bridges out of dinosaurs, so that the Pokémons wouldn't have to touch the water and risk getting eaten by sharks (?! Frankly, I'm not sure which would be worse: shark bite? dinosaur bite? shark bite? dinosaur bite? The debate rages on...)), last October 20th.

Was cleaning up my studio space (a good-sized corner of the living room in our apartment) this afternoon, and came across one of the trillions of little notes I've scribbled out and lost over the past 39 years. This one was from 20 October 2008; not as far back in the mists of time as others I've found over the years. Anyway, it made me laugh (again)...

Leo
Can you print some Pokémon pictures?

Mom
Not now. Right now I'm trying to clean up this house (indicates the table, piled with life's important documents and detritus), clear some space...

Leo
It's what, "clear some space"?

Mom
It's "cleaning up an area", "making..."

Tomi (in a sing-song voice, from their "workspace")
...making babies...

Mom & Tomi
ha! ha! ha! ha!